Thứ Bảy, 6 tháng 9, 2014

AGAINST THE WIND THAT GOES [Chap 1]

CHAPTER 1: THAT’S HOW IT HAPPENED.




May 16th 2011.

Robert Hadachi is about to be exhausted. He hasn't slept for three days and coffein is not strong enough to keep him awake to solve his problem anymore, especially when the deadline of his massive project is coming. Actually, Robert would easily have thousands of people queue from the headquarters of NihonTV to Tokyo Tower waiting for the casting if he wanted but the point is this old man doesn't need anyone who wants to be famous as the main character of his project or any famous artist to PR for this. All he needs now is two newcomers who are suited for his last bomb's main charactes, which was based on his novel: Against The Wind That Goes.

As the most almighty famous director of Japan, Robert always dreams about a movie not only with a simple and familiar message but also full of humanity. This half-blood Japanese man wants to bring his country to the world.

Against The Wind That Goes is defenitely his biggest mental's child. It took him five years to finish the script, three years to find background for scenes and about two years to pesuade the donator and to be adopted by the Japanese Ministry of Information and Communications. The movie making group is Hollywood's most professional team which took responsible of all kinds of bomb movie. Every single detail was prepared carefully.

Robert looked at the clock and sighed. It's 0:30am now. The old man feels like he's standing on the edge of the abyss. He spent his whole week just to look at each profile picture, tried to find anyone matched his standards but he got nothing. It's totally hopeless. What he got is just some beautiful candidates but they didn't match his standards. Robert's wondering if his standards was too difficult. There's a month left till the recording day. Robert guesses his novel's fans and producer may kill him if he can't find out his main characters. There's no director wants his or her billions invested project be cancelled because they can't find their main characters. The deadline is coming but Robert denied every idea they gave him to help the casting.

Burnt the last cigarette in the case, Robert messed up those profiles once again and he fought out what he was doing is meanless so he stopped messing around and left his flat to buy a new cigarette-case.

It's midnight so there's just Robert there with the shopkeeper who looked like a student. The shopkeeper was paying all his attention to his cellphone. After Robert had paid for his cigarette-case, he stayed to watch the advertisement on TV but his was made for distraction because of the shopkeeper's excited laughter. Robert stared at him. He's wondering what made this guy so excited. The shopkeeper realized the customer was staring at him. He smiles and give his customer his phone, he said, "Look! They're a perfect couple, aren't they?"

Robert pused his glasses, looked at the phone screen and freezed right after he saw what the shopkeeper was pointing. He feels like there's something stucked in his throat. It took the old man a little while to calm down. The shopkeeper didn't realize Robert's change, he kept talking, "They're SKE48. The two girls standing in the middle is my favorite members... Here...". He touched the pause button to show Robert his two favorite members. "My girlfriend is their fan too. She always tells me she wanted them to be a real couple someday.'

Robert openned his eyes widely. He stared at those two girls. They looked so familiar but Robert didn't remember where he met them. And... What did this guy just say? SKE48? Immediately, Robert turned away, went back to his flat as fast as he can in the shopkeeper's weird look. The man even can wait for the elevator so he used the stairs. He went to the desk where the profiles is lying on, messed up them again, tried to find a profile with the name SKE48 on it. Robert kept looking for the girls he saw on the phone till he fought two pictures next to each other in the middle of the profile.

"Here they are.", Robert said

It's weird.

Robert has checked out this profile since last week but he had no impression with these girls till now. He picked two pictures out of the profile, put them on PC's screen and wrote their name on the picture. On the left is Matsui Rena, the other one is Matsui Jurina.

"How didn't realize you two from the beginning huh?", Robert muttered ro himself and searched for their name on the Internet. A lot of their selfie pictures appeared, even the video which the shopkeeper showed him at the store.

In this video, they were wearing their dark red unique which was designed in classic veston style, sitting together and the background behind them made them looked like they were in some dark corner of the park or something like that. They looked a little bit different from their profile picture so he guessed this picture was took years ago. Robert took a look at the picture and finally fought out the reason why he passed these girls. When they stand alone, they're just like the other good-looking girls. But when they're together, they're really attractive in some way. Robert has at least thirty years experience as a director. He believes these girls will shine together exactly like the way he imagined how his two main characters shine.

"Well, sometimes their fans are really useful"

Robert picked the phone up and called his assistant, “Stephi, tell me everything you know about PJ48’s girlgroup.”

Stephanie Hudgens yawned, “How many times did I tell you this boss? Don’t call me Stephi please. And do you know what time it is? It’s 2am, boss. 2am.”

“Just answer me.”

“Wel… but what did I just hear? Did you just talk about PJ48? Really?”

“Yes, Stephi. SKE48 actually. Tell me what you know about their ACE. The Matsui.”

“Well… Erm…”, Stephanie stood up and turned on the light, “Both of them are member of two groups AKB48 and SKE48. They’re young and have lots of fans…”

“Stephi, I can read those informations in their profiles. I mean, their scandals or things like that. You know..."

The assitant frowned, "Boss, what exactly do you want me to tell you?"

"I found my main characters!"

Then, Robert heard such a loud scream from Stephanie that he had to keep the phone away from his ear in order not to be deaf, "Oh my God! You made it, boss! Finally! Oh I'm so proud of you."

"You've just told me it's 2am, Stephi. I don't want to be deaf because of your scream. I'm old, Stephi. I'm old."

"However, I don't know much about those girls.", Stephanie said after calming down.

"You say what? I've just thought I had an assistant who knows all about those artists."

"Boss, I'm a thirty-year-old woman and I even don't have time to interest in them. By the way, that company has at least two hundred members. I realize those two girls after you told me is really good."

"So you're useless." Robert teased her

"I'm better than you in this situation, boss."

"Tuesday, at 8am. Contact to SKE48's manager, meet those two girls and tell them my project. I'll interview them later."

"Wait a minute...", Stephanie tried to say something but the other one interrupted their call.

Stpehanie sighed. She turned off the light and tried to sleep back. She can't believe after a long time, Robert finally finished his work. Stephanie read Robert's novel once. His novel is definitely a masterpiece. But it will be really difficult to transfer such a complex script into a movie. Robert's novel is not like those normal novels out there. Actually, there's nothing normal to this director. Robert is a perfectionism person. He always want every single deatail of his work be perfect even though he conflicts with his own viewpoint. Anyway, when Robert said he chose those girls as his main characters, Stephanie knew he must have found something special in them.


oOo

A month later…

Rena looked around but there's nothing else except trees and mountains. Where exactly are they now? Rena knew she isn't allowed to have question but situation is a litlle bit weird...

"Now look."

Both of them looked at the hill. There's a white two-storey mansion which overlooking the sea and have a Greek-style yard with large white pillars surrounded the mansion.

"Wow...!", Jurina gaped.

"This is my own mansion where you two will stay for the next two months."

"Eh? So you mean we'll be stuck here for two months? That long?"

"Is there something wrong?"

Jurina shook her head, "Ie. I'm just wishing we were on a wonderful holiday. A mansion on an isolated island. All we need now is some hot chicks in bikini and some muscled boys.

"Yes. But the point is I took you two here to be more closer to nature, not because of those hot chicks.", Robert smirked.

"Wait wait wait... So you took us here just to isolate us to the world?"

Robert ignored Jurina. He turned back to look at the older girl who is busy looking around, "Rena-san, would you please remind your friend the reason why we come here?"

Rena stopped looking around. She looked at Jurina and sighed, "Jurina. We, I mean, me and you, will stay here for two months. No friends, no phones. Just us and Hadachi-sensei. Sensei clearly said we will have to finish his aim before the first filming day. You can call this a special training session. And you'd have known all of these if you hadn't slept during our last meeting, Jurina."

"A. I guess it's my fault.", she smiled apologetically.

"Yes yes yes. Now hurry up if you don't want to sleep on the beach and get some gulls' waste.", Robert said.

"Nah. I prefer sleeping on a bed."

"Good! Then go!", Robert turned away and told the captain of the ship,"Samuel, I need you to send those kids' stuff twice a week like I've told you before. I'll call you if there something changed."


oOo

They were took to visit the mansion. It has eight rooms each storey, including: a billiards room, a living room, an office, a gym, a playing room, a huge kitchen, a corridor leading to the dining room and two luxury bathrooms at the end of each side. The second storey has three bedrooms for the guests and two smaller ones, each has a bathroom lying on the left of the mansion, the other side was built as Robert's hobby. There're some studios decorated with handmade stuffs, stages and the others left but Robert will talk about it later. He wanted the girls to be the most comfortable so he told them to take a rest first and not forget to notice them that the dinner will be ready after they took a bath.

Rena took a bath and came back to dining room just in time while Jurina was still playing with those handmade toys in bathroom so she thought she would left some food for her partner.

Rena had a great conversation with Robert Hadachi last time about her character and what is waiting for her. The old man didn't talk much. He told her to wait and see what would happen. Of course Rena knew what his means. He told Rena about that from their first meeting and warned her that they would have to get through a hard time.

"You're regreting, aren't you?"

Rena put her cup down, said "Not exactly. But I'm kinda under pressure."

"That's good. I rather see you be under pressure than that kido. She's pretending like everything is fine."

"Jurina is still a kid anyway."

"I hope she's not thinking this is a joke. I mean, she might take this chancewithout thinking carefully."

"After all, this is a big project. I'm sure we will get lots of comments and rumors when the movie is released."

"You two have already got that", Robert reminded Rena about their fanfics and fanvids on the Internet.

Rena let out a moan while thinking about it, "My God! I almost got a heart attack when I saw that. I feel hornor to have a lot of fans but sometimes I'm scared oftheirwritingsabout me and Jurina."

"Yes. You may feel weird sometimes but I have to say that those ideas are really cool", Robert laughed, "By the way, not just your fanboys do that. My asisstant said those autors are all girls. Nowaday teenagers really have a wonderful imagenation right?"

"Oh please, sensei...", Rena asked the old director to stop teasing her.

"I hope you don't think that my project is the same kind as those fanfics."

The conversation changed into a serious one right after Robert finished his last words.

"Sensei, I love being on stage. As a singer, I always find the way to devolope my skils, try to do my best on stage and hope I will make someone be touched. As an actor, all I can do is try my best to understand my role. The authors hope actors will bring their child to the viewer. If I can't do that, I'm not deserved to be an actor."

"Nice talking. As I've said before, you two will face something which can make your relationship change worse. It's bad enough to separate you two. But you two will be okay if you do what you said which I hope your friend can do too.", Robert smiled.

"If an actor can't do it, he shouldn't be an actor anymore right?"

Robert nodded, "You have to understand andenter yourself into your character first. But if the actor lost themself while they were filming, then, obviously, this industryis not for them."

"In this case, if me and Jurina are quit, we will have to pay a big price right?"

"No. I'll take nothing from you two. But I'll take evrything from Akimoto producer. I heard some news aboutAKB48's two centers. Their disappearance hasaffected negatively to the company and now your company put their last hope in you two. It's hard, isn't it?", Robert smirked.

Rena took a deep breathe. She knew what will happen if her and Jurina cancel their contract with Paramount and Warner Bros Pictures. They invested in Robert's project. the media has revealed that this movie will be the numberonecandidate of next year's movie festival. So theymust accept the truth thatthere will be a lot of pressure.

Rena has been in some movies and TV dramas so her experience is a little bit more than Jurina but both of them have never had this kind of chance before. That's why when Robert invitedthem to be the main characters of his movie, they were so excited and Jurina immediatelysigned in the contract without thinking. Rena won't be surprised if Jurina destroyed everything. About Rena, she reallywants to take this chance even she knew she will have to spend two months being trainned by this famous director.

It's not that they cannot act. They're good enough to take their characters but it's not enough to Robert Hadachi. At the casting, Robert told them he had no interested in them after he saw their acting. If it hadn't been because of Aki-P, Robert would have never given them a second chance.

That's why Rena and Jurina must take all the responsibility if there's anything happen.

"Don't worry. All you have to do is do what I say and either does that kid. Then, everything will be fine."

"It just... I've never thought I would be in this kind of situation..."

"Both of you might have denied my invitation for this project. And now you have problem with this?"

Rena sighed, "The characters are really great. Being a part of such a huge project is more than I imaged but now it turned out to be scared."

Robert smirked, "There's no way you can take this characters by yourself. If you were able to do that then I wouldn't waste my time taking you here. Trust me. I've thought about letting you two takes these roles many times. You two may be my first choice but not the only one. Anactress can be changed any unless sheproves that she's deserved with that. Your position can be changed any second. So... Goodnight, Rena-san."

Rena watched Robert leaving the diningroom,nervous than ever. She wondered what kind of siatuation they are in. They're not AV actresses and also notAV actresses in gay movies. Robert said that these characters will have some eyes contacts and touch each other, may be hug or something like that. So why do they have to practice? Isn't it weird?

"Why are you still there? I thought you had finished your dinner since a long time ago."

“Jurina?”

She came in and sat down at the opposite side of Rena's seat.

"Nothing much. I'm just thinking about our contract with Robert."

"Again? Oh come on..."

Jurina started eating. The food was a little bit cold but she didn't mind, "Stop thinking. It will be fine."

Rena glanced at her, "What a kid!", she thought.

"It seems like you're not worry about this at all."

"Urgg! I would be bald if I were you, Rena-chan. Stop thinking please!"

"Nahuh... Notif you have no brain. People said you wouldn't be bald if you had no brain. There's hair instead."

"My God !! Rena-chan !! I've just started eating!", Jurina choked.

Rena rolled her eyes and stood up,"I'm gonna be back to my room. See ya tomorrow, Jurina."

"O-ay-ood-ight-ena-an! (Okay. Goodnight Rena-chan!)", Jurina said while keeping her eyes on the dishes and her mouhth was full of food. Jurina didn't know if Rena heard what her said but she guested the older girl understood that.


oOo

END CHAPTER 1.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét